- Holy Cross Marriage Register 1904-1916
- Holy Cross Marriage Register 1917-1925
- Holy Cross Baptism Register 1904-1910
- Holy Cross Baptism Register 1910-1913
- Holy Cross Baptism Register 1913-1916
- Holy Cross Baptism Register 1916-1921
- Holy Cross Baptism Register 1921-1925
- Holy Cross Baptism Register 1925-1925
- Holy Cross Death Register 1904-1913
- Holy Cross Death Register 1913-1918
- Holy Cross Death Register 1918-1925
The 1904-1925 baptism, marriage and death registers of Holy Cross (Lithuanian) Roman Catholic (RC) parish in Chicago are available for online viewing at website FamilySearch.org. These records, especially the marriage records, might be of significant help in finding the link to your immigrant Lithuanian ancestor's birth family in Lithuania.
- Marriage Records:
- Baptism Records:
- Death Records:
Holy Cross Church (Photo from Wikipedia Article "Holy Cross Church (Chicago)")
The entries in the online marriage, baptism and death registers of Holy Cross (Lithuanian) RC parish start in July 1904 and go through the end of 1925.
- Marriage Registers:
- Baptism Registers:
- Death Registers:
- Other Registers:
The records above that have an asterisk after the title are redundant; they are included within the other records.
The communion and confirmation registers may be of interest to family members but it is unlikely that they will be of help in finding the link to your ancestor's birth family in Lithuania.
Potential Sources of Confusion in Searching the Online Parish Registers
The FamilySearch.org list of records for "Holy Cross Parish (Chicago: Wood St) includes several "almost duplicate" sets of records that differ primarily in that they are single-page views vs. side-by-side page views of the register. The side-by-side page versions that are "almost duplicates" of the record sets above are:
[The side-by-side views contribute to a quicker search of the register pages.]
Click on a link below for a description of the online parish register including a link to images of the register pages:
(This web page is still under construction; more will be added later)