The town of Lieplaukė is located 9 km WSW of Telšiai.
Latitude 55.968°, Longitude 22.103°
Ryškėnai elderate, Telšiai district municipality, Telšiai county.
Recent Population: 293
In 1613, a “minimal” temporary Catholic church or chapel was built in Lieplaukė. This church was considered to be a part of the Alsėdžiai parish.
In 1621, a permanent Catholic church or chapel was built in Lieplaukė, and was named Šv. Jurgio (St. George’s); however, this church in Lieplaukė was still considered to be a part of the Alsėdžiai parish.
In 1844, the Lieplaukė church (St. George’s Church) was designated to be a separate parish (St. George’s Parish).
In 1861, a new church building (the present church building) was built, and it opened in 1862.